Monday, June 18, 2012

Watching you sleep

" there is no love like a mothers love" I never understood that saying. How could a mother love differently?
Growing up with Brighten, yes growing up. I had him when I was 19; I was a very young And immature 19. So our life together has been full of watching each other grow up. 

Being a young mother, I was not " instantly " attached" to him. I loved him, but I wasn't ready to give up my selfish ways nor was I experienced enough. I always knew I loved him, but the love I feel now is outrageous. Its fierce. I never knew one could feel tthis way about a child. I watch him sleep and think " I would cross the depths of any earth, brave any battle, and sacrifice the greatest sacrifice, all to make sure you are Ok.and have what you need. Like all moms I am.guilty of watching him sleep and quietly creeping over with a compact mirror to make sure he's still breathing. Ha-ha running my finger over the sole of his foot - just to watch it move! LOL He is so amazing to me, he encompasses all of my good qualities, not only is he's a lady killer, but he's creative, a loner, a leader, he is an inventor, he is strong, and definitely not niave. Yet he posses none of my bad ones. He is So kind, caring, compassionate, he has a heart full of empathy, and is able to feel sympathy. He was blessed witg the " nurturing gene. " These are things it took me years to learn. And he just has them naturally..

Ill end with this. I have done a Ton of things in my life that I am not proud of, maybe even a bit ashamed. But never once has a choice in my life ever effected my child. I made very sure of it. " do your dirt when you're child free" I am a firm believer in that. He is the best thing I have ever done, and I am so thankful that I made that choice to keep him, I am So greatful that God believed in me, and I am extremely blessed that I get to watch him while he sleeps. Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment